Social & Community Standards Policy
We are very fortunate to have built up an extremely large and active following on social media. We have done this through a combination of hard work, creativity, and patience.
Your support means the world to us and we are extremely humbled by the love we receive.
However, Breathe Chelsea is a professional media outlet, and while we enjoy stimulating discussions and debates across various Chelsea related matters, we are sometimes unable to engage with you socially on all matters.
Here are some things we are unable to engage with:
- We are unable to share/follow your social media accounts. Not only is this highly unprofessional but it would also imply favoritism. We are also fortunate to have had our accounts selected to be streamed directly to third party outlets, a privilege that could be taken away if we were deemed to have spammed their mediums with promotions or ‘shout outs’.
- If you send us a photo, we cannot guarantee that it will be posted on our mediums, all reposting is an editorial decision and left to the discretion of our team-members.
- We are unable to commit to any social partnerships; however, we do consider professional/commercial partnerships. For information on this please email email@example.com
- While we do aim to respond to all comments and messages, due to the volume we receive, it is not always possible.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Breathe Chelsea was created so that you could consume Chelsea FC News and engage with other Chelsea fans around the world. Breathe Chelsea is like a family, and as such, we ask you to treat those you engage with across our mediums with respect and dignity. We want Breathe Chelsea to be a safe and happy environment for all.
Here are the community standards we expect you to adhere to on our platforms:
- We welcome debate and strong opinions, but personal attacks (against authors or other users), persistent trolling, and/or mindless abuse will not be tolerated. The key to maintaining Breathe Chelsea’s medium as an inviting space is to focus on intelligent discussions regarding various matters.
- We acknowledge and encourage constructive criticism or disagreements towards the articles and posts that we publish, but will not allow misrepresentation of Breathe Chelsea and our journalists to be published on our mediums. For the sake of robust debate, we will distinguish between constructive, focused arguments and unnecessary claims that are unlikely to further healthy discussion.
- We understand that people often feel strongly about issues debated on our mediums, but we will consider removing any content that others might find extremely offensive or threatening. Please respect other people’s views and beliefs and consider your impact on others when making your contribution.
- We reserve the right to redirect or curtail conversations which descend into flame-wars based on ingrained partisanship or generalisations. We don’t want to stop people discussing topics they are enthusiastic about, but we do ask users to find ways of sharing their views that do not feel divisive, threatening or toxic to others.
- We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such. Attacking people on the basis of their race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age is unacceptable and you will be permanently banned from our mediums for engaging in such actions.
- We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libelous or defamatory postings, or material posted that can potentially breach copyright.
- We will remove any posts that are obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like. Our aim is that Breathe Chelsea should provide a space for people to interact with our content and each other, and we actively discourage commercial entities passing themselves off as individuals, in order to post advertising material or links. This may also apply to people or organisations who frequently post propaganda or external links without adding substantively to relevant conversation.
- Keep it relevant. We know that some conversations can be wide-ranging, but if you post something which is unrelated to the original topic (“off-topic”) then it may be removed, in order to keep the debate on track. This also applies to queries or comments about moderation, which should not be posted as comments.
- Be aware that you may be misunderstood, so try to be clear about what you are saying, and expect that people may understand your contribution differently than you intended. Remember that text isn’t always a great medium for conversation: tone of voice (sarcasm, humour and so on) doesn’t always come across when using words on a screen. You can help to keep the Breathe Chelsea community areas open to all viewpoints by maintaining a reasonable tone, even in unreasonable circumstances.
- The platform is ours, but the conversation belongs to everybody. We want Breathe Chelsea to be a welcoming space for intelligent discussion, and we expect participants to help us achieve this by notifying us of potential problems and helping each other to keep conversations inviting and appropriate. If you spot something problematic in community interaction areas, please report it via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we all take responsibility for maintaining an appropriate and constructive environment, the debate itself is improved and everyone benefits.
- If you act with maturity and consideration for other users, you should have no problems when following and engaging with our content.
- Don’t be unpleasant. Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom and humour we know you possess.
- Take some responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you’re participating. Help make this an intelligent place for discussion that every fan can enjoy, and it will be.
Participants who seriously, persistently or willfully ignore the community standards, participation guidelines or terms and conditions will have their posting privileges for all the Breathe Chelsea community areas withdrawn.
This is not an action that we take lightly or arbitrarily. However, we are aiming to create and maintain an online experience consistent with our values, and we reserve the right to make decisions which we feel support that.
Please be aware that moderators may contact you in relation to your participation, especially where an issue comes up in relation to these community standards. Any advice they give/request they make should be adhered to, as our moderators are employed to enforce these community standards and create a constructive environment for everyone who contributes to Breathe Chelsea.
We will, when necessary, remove user postings or comments from our social posts, and website posts. If a contribution to Breathe Chelsea is perceived as breaching the community guidelines set out above, then it will be removed by a team member, in the interests of keeping community areas appropriate for the vast majority of our supporters.
We are ultimately responsible for everything which appears on our medium, all actions and decisions taken by our team are final.
Criminal Activity Policy
Breathe Chelsea has a zero tolerance approach to all criminal activity. We will actively remove content, block accounts and work with law enforcement when we believe that there is a genuine risk of criminal activity taking place, or if we believe criminal activity has already taken place.
Please direct all queries to email@example.com.